Who Is Using Orleans?
Orleans has been used extensively by several Microsoft projects and product groups, most notably by 343 Industries as a platform for all of Halo 4 and Halo 5 cloud services.
There are various other internal projects at Microsoft which are using Orleans, but we are not able to talk publicly about many of those yet.
There are many more companies and projects which are also using Orleans, and this page provides a partial list of some that we know about....
Feel free to send us a pull request on GitHub to add your company / project to this list.
Companies currently using Orleans in production:
- Microsoft Skype, Azure, others
- Microsoft Studios 343 Studios (Halo), Age of Empires, BigPark, Black Tusk, others
- Microsoft Research
- Mailcloud Limited
- Mesh Systems MESHVista Smart Cloud IoT Platform leverages Orleans for back-end services monitoring device state and business logic
- Applicita Limited A number of client projects where extreme scale and performance is required
- Drawboard Cloud collaboration and synchronisation platform
- YouScan Social media monitoring & analytics provider. Orleans is used for stateful stream processing at scale, reliable execution of long running jobs and as a main application server.
- PagoLivre Mobile and Social Payment platform
- invertirOnline.com Argentinian-based electronic brokerage firm
- Nomnio Nomnio IoT Platform and industry projects where reliability and performance is required
- Real Artists Ship 2.0 Fast, native, comprehensive issue tracking for GitHub
- Manufacturing Resources International MRI designs, engineers, and fabricates BoldVu® LCD displays used in out of home advertising networks. Orleans powers our IOT infrastructure to help monitor and maintain our displays
Projects and Applications
Projects, websites and applications powered by Orleans, or provide extensions to Orleans.
- Claw (Clash Of Animal Warriors) is a real-time multiplayer mobile game which uses Orleans for its MatchMaker software which should handle many players at the same time and respond to them as fast as possible.
- Halo 4 - 343 Industries
- Microsoft BigPark Studio
- Orleans-Contrib Community contribution projects, including Orleans Monitoring, Design Patterns, Storage Provider, etc.
- Pegasus Mission More Info here and here
- Sync.Today 2015 .NET Business Processes Automation Platform. More info here
- Microdot A microservices framework by Gigya, for writing Orleans based microservices